You will find here some useful information to travel with peace of mind.
This section allows you to obtain information on the follow-up of your commercial relationship with Europcar Martinique even after your departure from Martinique. The most frequently asked questions during your rental and your stay
- At the accident site
1) Use a single joint accident report booklet for 2 vehicles involved (2 for 3 vehicles...), regardless of who supplies or fills it out. Preferably use a ballpoint pen and press hard, as the duplicate will be easier to read
2) When drawing up your accident report, remember to : - when answering questions a) in section 8, refer to your insurance documents (contract or green card), b) in section 9, refer to your driver's license. - accurately indicate the point of initial impact (section 10) - put a cross (X) in the box corresponding to each of the circumstances (n°1 to 17) applicable to the accident (item 12) and indicate the number of boxes so marked - draw a sketch of the accident (item 13).
3) If there were witnesses to the accident, write down their names and addresses, especially in the event of difficulties with the other driver.
4) Sign the accident report and have the other driver sign it. Give him or her one copy, and keep the other.
- At home - Complete the information required by your insurer by filling in the accident declaration on the back of the accident report. - Don't forget to specify where and when your vehicle will be visible, so that the surveyor can examine the damage as quickly as possible. - Do not, under any circumstances, modify the accident report (recto). - Send this document to your insurer without delay.
- Special cases - If the other driver is in possession of a form that also conforms to the Insrance. Europe aisbl, but drawn up in a different language, please note that it is identical to yours. You can therefore use it by following the translation from section to section (they are numbered for this purpose) on your own logbook. But don't forget to fill in the accident report form at home, using the back of a form printed in your own language, which you can then send to your insurer without delay, together with the foreign report form. - This form can also be used in the event of an accident without third parties (injured parties), for example: damage to property, theft, fire, etc...
Whatever the circumstances, keep your cool and remain courteous.
- If there is only material damage :
spontaneously present your insurance certificate and driver's license, and calmly and carefully fill out a single joint accident report with the other driver.
- If anyone is injured, even if only slightly:
Alert the police first.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive our best offers of the moment exclusively
Subscribe to our newsletter
Customer Service : 00596 596 42 42 42 | Booking Service : 00596 596 42 42 53 | Assistance 24/24h 7/7j : 06 96 45 97 83